This topic describes how to perform simple permission management by using ossbrowser.
Log on to ossbrowser as a RAM user
- Administrator RAM user: a RAM user who has administrative permissions. For example, a RAM user who can manage all buckets and authorize other RAM users is an administrator RAM user. You can log on to the RAM console by using your Alibaba Cloud account to create an administrator RAM user and grant the permissions to the user. The following figure shows the permissions.
- Operator RAM user: a RAM user who has the read-only permission on a bucket or directory.
Administrator RAM users can use the simple policy feature to grant operator RAM users
permissions. For more information, see Grant permissions by using a simple policy.
Note You can grant fine-grained permissions to RAM users. For more information, see Overview.
Log on to ossbrowser by using STS tokens
You can use an Security Token Service (STS) token to log on to ossbrowser. STS tokens can be provided for other authorized users for temporary access to a directory in your bucket. The STS token automatically becomes invalid after it expires.
- Log on to ossbrowser as an administrator RAM user. Notice For your data security, when you log on to ossbrowser by using your Alibaba Cloud account or as an administrator RAM user, part of the features are inaccessible. Use the AccessKey pair of an administrator RAM user to log on to ossbrowser and generate a token. The administrator RAM user must have the permissions to manage a bucket or directory, manage RAM (AliyunRAMFullAccess), and call the STS AssumeRole operation (AliyunSTSAssumeRoleAccess).
- Select the objects or directories to be temporarily accessed by the authorized users, and choose shown in the following figure.
- Save the obtained token.
- Refer to the following figure, log off from ossbrowser, and then use the STS token to log on.
Grant permissions by using a simple policy
- Log on to ossbrowser as an administrator RAM user.
- Select one or more objects or directories to be temporarily accessed by the authorized users, and choose .
- In the Simplify policy authorization dialog box, set Privileges.
- Grant permissions to an existing operator RAM user or create a new operator RAM user
in this dialog box.
You can view, copy, and use the generated policy text. For example, you can copy the policy text and use it to edit the authorization policies for RAM users and roles in the RAM console.Notice To use the simple policy feature, you must log on to ossbrowser by using the AccessKey pair of a RAM user who has the RAM configuration permissions. For example, use the AccessKey pair of an administrator RAM user who has the RAM configuration permissions.