If you no longer use a bucket, delete the bucket to stop unexpected charges.
Warning Deleted buckets cannot be recovered. Exercise caution when you delete buckets.
- In this topic, the public endpoint of the China (Hangzhou) region is used. If you want to access OSS by using other Alibaba Cloud services in the same region as OSS, use an internal endpoint For more information about the regions and endpoints supported by OSS, see Regions and endpoints.
- In this topic, an OSSClient instance is created by using an OSS endpoint. If you want to create an OSSClient instance by using custom domain names or STS, see Initialization.
oss:DeleteBucketpermission is required to delete a bucket. For more information, see Attach a custom policy to a RAM user.
- All objects in the bucket are deleted.
- For more information about how to manually delete objects, see Delete objects.
- To delete a large number of objects, we recommend that you configure lifecycle rules to batch delete the objects. For more information, see Configure lifecycle rules.
If versioning is enabled for the bucket that you want to delete, make sure that all versions of objects in the bucket are deleted. For more information about how to delete all versions of objects in a bucket, see Configure versioning.
- Parts that are uploaded by multipart upload or resumable upload tasks in the bucket are deleted. For more information about how to delete parts in a bucket, see Manage parts.
- All LiveChannels in the bucket are deleted. For more information about how to delete LiveChannels, see DeleteLiveChannel.
The following sample code provides an example on how to delete a bucket named examplebucket:
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*- import oss2 # The AccessKey pair of an Alibaba Cloud account has permissions on all API operations. Using these credentials to perform operations in OSS is a high-risk operation. We recommend that you use a RAM user to call API operations or perform routine O&M. To create a RAM user, log on to the RAM console. auth = oss2.Auth('yourAccessKeyId', 'yourAccessKeySecret') # Specify the endpoint of the region in which the bucket is located. For example, if the bucket is located in the China (Hangzhou) region, set the endpoint to https://oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com. # Specify the name of the bucket. Example: examplebucket. bucket = oss2.Bucket(auth, 'https://oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com', 'examplebucket') try: # Delete the bucket. bucket.delete_bucket() except oss2.exceptions.BucketNotEmpty: print('bucket is not empty.') except oss2.exceptions.NoSuchBucket: print('bucket does not exist')
- For the complete sample code for deleting a bucket, visit GitHub.
- For more information about the API operation that you can call to delete a bucket, see DeleteBucket.