This topic describes the billing methods, billable items, and pricing of Object Storage Service (OSS).
- Pay-as-you-go: You are charged for the actual usage of each billable item. Fees are deducted after resources are consumed. This billing method is ideal for scenarios in which the usage of resources is difficult to predict.
- Subscription (resource plan): You can purchase resource plans that are subject to specific billable items at discount prices. Resources are consumed before fees are offset by resource plans. Resource plans are ideal for scenarios in which the usage of resources is easy to predict.
- Compared with the pay-as-you-go billing method, resource plans are more cost-effective.
- Each resource plan has a quota of resource usage. If the quota is exceeded, you are charged for the excess resource usage based on the pay-as-you-go billing method. We recommend that you purchase resource plans based on your workloads and business scale.
The following figure shows the billable items of OSS.
- For more information about the pricing of billable items for the pay-as-you-go billing method, visit the OSS pricing page.
- For more information about the pricing of resource plans, go to the Buy page.
Standard locally redundant storage (LRS) plans
Standard LRS plans can be used to offset the storage fees of Standard LRS objects and the storage fees of ECS snapshots. Buy Now
Outbound traffic plans
Outbound traffic plans can be used to offset the traffic fees that are generated when you browse or download data from OSS over the Internet. Buy Now
Transfer acceleration plans
Transfer acceleration plans can be used to offset fees that are generated when you use an acceleration endpoint to access OSS. Buy Now
OSS calculates all resource usage by hour and charges fees for actual usage. Bills are generally generated one hour after a billing cycle ends. The time when bills are generated is determined by the system. For example, you are billed at 09:30:00 for the fees that are generated from 08:00:00 to 09:00:00 of the same day.
USD per GB-month, as instructed on the OSS pricing page. When you use the pay-as-you-go billing method, fees are calculated based on the following formula: Fees =
Actual usage (GB) × Unit price per hour. Therefore, when you calculate storage fees charged based on actual storage usage, you must convert GB-month to GB-hour to calculate the fees based on the following formula: Unit price in GB-hour = Unit price in
USD per GB-month/30/24. For example, the unit price for the storage of Standard LRS objects is
USD 0.0173 per GB-month, and the unit price in GB-hour is
USD 0.000024 per GB-hour (0.0173/30/24).
Resource plansOverviewPurchase resource plansUpgrade resource plansRenew resource plansRules for applying resource plansView the usage details of a resource planConfigure alerts for resource plans
MoreBillable itemsQuery billsQuery resource usageRefundsOverdue paymentsFAQ about billing