Enhanced Internet NAT gateways are an upgrade from standard Internet NAT gateways and use a more advanced architecture. Compared with standard Internet NAT gateways, enhanced Internet NAT gateways provide higher elasticity and stability. This helps you manage data transfer in a more efficient manner. You can upgrade standard Internet NAT gateways to enhanced Internet NAT gateways in the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) console. The upgrade is free of charge. The time period for free upgrades is extended from December 31, 2020 to December 30, 2022.
Upgrade a standard Internet NAT gateway to an enhanced Internet NAT gateway
- Log on to the NAT Gateway console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the standard Internet NAT gateway is deployed.
- On the NAT Gateway page, click Upgrade Now. If this is not the first time that you upgrade a standard Internet NAT gateway, click Continue to Upgrade.
- In the Upgrade to Enhanced NAT Gateway dialog box, select I have read and understand the preceding information. I want to perform the upgrade
operation. Then, set the following parameters and click OK.
Parameter Description NAT Gateway Select the standard Internet NAT gateway that you want to upgrade. Select a VSwitch for the enhanced NAT gateway Select a zone and a vSwitch for the enhanced Internet NAT gateway.Note You must specify a vSwitch for the enhanced Internet NAT gateway. After you specify a vSwitch, the system automatically selects an IP address from the CIDR block of the vSwitch to transmit data. Make sure that the CIDR block of the vSwitch has sufficient idle IP addresses.
- After you submit the application, click Back.
- You can check the progress of the upgrade on the NAT Gateway page. Find the Internet NAT gateway and click View Progress in the Status column. It takes approximately 5 minutes to upgrade a standard Internet NAT gateway to an enhanced Internet NAT gateway. During the upgrade process, connections to the NAT gateway may be interrupted for a few seconds one or two times. The service resumes after your workloads are reconnected.