This topic describes how to purchase a dedicated KMS instance.
- Log on to the KMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Dedicated KMS. On the Dedicated KMS page, click Purchase Dedicated KMS.
- On the Dedicated KMS buy page, configure the parameters. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Site The site on which you want to deploy the dedicated KMS instance. Valid values: International Site and China Site. Region The region where you want to purchase a dedicated KMS instance. Edition The edition of the dedicated KMS instance.
- If you select International Site for Site, set the value to Standard.
- If you select China Site for Site, set the value to Basic or Standard.
Quantity The number of dedicated KMS instances that you want to purchase. You can purchase up to 20 instances at a time.Important In most cases, you need to purchase only one instance. To purchase more than one instance, contact the business manager through ticket. Number of Secrets The number of secrets. This parameter is required only if you select China Site for Site.Important If you do not specify the number of secrets when you purchase a dedicated KMS instance, you cannot increase the number of secrets for the dedicated KMS instance. To use the Secrets Manager feature, you must specify the number of secrets when you purchase a dedicated KMS instance. Number of VPCs The number of virtual private clouds (VPCs). This parameter is required only if you select China Site for Site.
Multiple VPCs in the same region can use the same dedicated KMS instance.
Subscription Period The subscription duration of the dedicated KMS instance.Note You can select Auto-renewal. This way, your dedicated KMS instance is automatically renewed before your instance expires.
- Confirm the total configuration cost and click Buy Now to complete the payment. After you complete the payment, you can view the dedicated KMS instance that you purchased on the Dedicated KMS page. The Status of the instance is Disabled. Before you can use the instance, you must enable the instance.