This topic describes how to create a volume and LUN mappings.
Step 1: Navigation
Step 2: Select a device
Select a connected device from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Create a volume
- Storage pool: Specifies the storage pool where the new volume is located.
- Quantity: The number of volumes to be created in a specific storage pool.
- Enable thin provisioning or enable thick provisioning: The two options are mutually exclusive.
- Volume size: Specifies the volume size.
- Minimum reserved space: You can choose to set a minimum reserved space only when thin provisioning is enabled.
- Enable file system: If the volume is created for shared folders, you can enable file system. With this option enabled, you do not map your volumes to host LUNs.
- Volume name: The default volume name is the volume name plus the index code, such as Volume-1 and Volume-2. You can also enter a special name for the volume. Locate the User input + index option to modify the volume name.
Step 4: Host LUN mappings
Select a volume: You can map the new volume based on previous settings. You can also select other volumes.
Step 5: Complete the configuration
Click Run to complete the configuration process.