Before you back up data, you must create a data backup configuration file and add the file path to the Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) backup configuration.
- We recommend that you use the same configuration file for data backup, log backup, and catalog backup.
- If an SAP HANA instance consists of multiple nodes, you must configure a data backup configuration file for each node.
- After you create a data backup configuration file, run the chmod 664 command to grant read and write permissions on the file.
Step 1: Create a data backup configuration file
- Create the /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbconfig directory.
- Run the
vi /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbconfig/paramcommand to create the file in the preceding directory.
The following table describes the parameters that you must specify for the file.
|srcClusterId||The ID of the SAP HANA instance. HBR automatically generates an ID when you register the SAP HANA instance.||i-bp14wddpc7t2p7nrkk03|
|srcSID||The SID of the source SAP HANA database.||T01|
Step 2: Add the path of the data backup configuration file
After you create a data backup configuration file, you must add the path of the file in the HBR console.
- Log on to the HBR console.
- Make sure that an SAP HANA instance is registered. On the SAP HANA Backup page, click the SAP HANA Instance tab.
- Find the SAP HANA instance and choose Actions column. in the
- On the SAP HANA Instance Details page, click the Databases tab. On the tab that appears, view the status of all databases in the SAP HANA instance.
- Find the database to which you want to back up data and choose in the Actions column.
- In the Config Backup panel, set the parameters in the Log Backup Settings section. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Data Backup Config File The configuration file that is used for data backup. This file contains Backint parameters. Use this file for log backup and catalog backup Specifies whether to use the data backup configuration file for log backup and catalog backup. We recommend that you select this check box. Log Backup Config File The configuration file that is used for log backup. This file contains Backint parameters. Catalog Backup Config File The configuration file that is used for catalog backup. This file contains Backint parameters. Use Backint for Catalog Backup Specifies whether to use Backint to back up catalogs. We recommend that you turn on this switch to improve backup performance.Notice If you turn off this switch, cross-instance database restoration is not supported.
- Click Create.