If you want to restore a file among a large number of backups, you can use the backup search feature to find the file within seconds.
Enable the backup search feature
To enable the backup search feature for a backup vault, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Overview.
- On the Overview page, find the backup vault.
- In the upper-right corner of the backup vault, click the Settings icon.
- In the Modify Backup Vault panel, turn on Backup Search. Note Alibaba Cloud continuously updates Hybrid Backup Recovery to support more regions. You can log on to the HBR console to view the supported regions.
Use the backup search feature
To use the backup search feature, perform the following operations:
- Log on to an HBR backup client.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Restore.
- On the Restore Backup / Backups page, click the Search Backups tab.
- Enter a keyword or relative path of a file that you want to restore and click Search. Note
- To search for a file by name, enclose the full name of the file within a pair of double quotation marks ("").
- To search for files by relative path, use forward slashes (/) as the path separator, for example, A/test.text.
- You can also turn on Advanced Search in the upper-right corner of the page to perform an advanced search. Configure one
or more of the following parameters and click Search.
Parameter Description File Type Select File or Folder based on your business requirements. Modify Time The start time and end time of the period during which the file is last modified. The time is accurate to seconds. If you need to clear the specified time, click the cross sign (
×) next to the time.
File Size Specify a file size range. Unit: KB, MB, or GB. The minimum size of a file is 0 KB. Backup Time The start time and end time of the period during which the file was backed up. The time is accurate to seconds. If you want to clear the specified time, click the cross sign (
×) next to the time.
If you want to clear the values of all parameters, click Reset.
- Search results are displayed at the bottom of the Search Backups tab. Find the file that you want to restore, and click Restore next to the file.
- In the Restore Backup dialog box, enter the folder to which you want to restore the file, and click Submit to restore the backup.