This topic describes how to use an HTTP event source to integrate Jenkins with EventBridge.
Jenkins is a Java-based tool for continuous integration. You can use Jenkins to build and test software projects in a continuous and automatic manner, and monitor the status of external tasks. EventBridge supports fast integration with Jenkins for you to manage events and alerts in a centralized manner.
Step 1: Create an event source for Jenkins in EventBridge
- Request Type: Select HTTP&HTTPS.
- Request Method: Select a POST.
- Security Configuration: Select No Configuration Required.
Step 2: Configure job notifications in Jenkins
- Start Jenkins, select a build job, and then click Notifications.
- Click the Job Notifications tab.
- On the Job Notifications tab, set the URL Source parameter to the Internet request URL that is generated in Step 1, and then click Save.
Step 3: Trigger an event
Step 4: Verify the result
- Log on to the EventBridge console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region from the drop-down list.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Event Buses.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Event Tracking to view and verify the obtained event information.