After you deploy Apache Subversion (SVN), you can check out a project from the SVN repository to a local directory, commit local modifications to the repository, obtain updates from the repository, and reverse deleted files.
To commit local modifications to the repository, follow these steps:
- Right-click the blank area in a project folder, and select SVN Commit.
- Enter the revision comments, select the modifications that you want to commit, and
then click OK. Then, the original project in the repository is overwritten by the project that
you have committed.
Note A conflict occurs when two users modify the same object of the same version and commit the modifications. In this case, one of the commitments will fail due to the backward version. To avoid this issue, you can back up your local project, check out the latest project from the repository, overwrite the latest project with your local project, and then commit the modified project.
After the project in the SVN repository is updated, you can right-click a blank area in the local project folder, and select SVN Update to download and display all updates.
Note When you right-click a blank area in the local project folder and select SVN Update, all files in the project folder are overwritten. Therefore, we recommend that you back up the original project folder before the update operation, in case some required content may be overwritten.
Reverse deleted data
To reverse deleted data, follow these steps:
- Open a local project folder, right-click the blank area in the folder, and then select SVN Checkout to check out data.
- Delete the data you checked out.
- Choose between the following methods to reverse the deleted data based on your commitment
- If you have not committed the delete operation, right-click the blank area in the folder, and choose .
- If you have committed the delete operation, the modification has been synchronized
to the repository, and the corresponding data has also been deleted from the repository.
Therefore, to reverse the deleted data, follow these steps:
- Check the revision history and determine the data that has been deleted.
- Right-click the deleted data and select Revert to this revision.
- Open the original project folder, right-click the reversed data, and then select SVN Commit to synchronize the local reversed data to the repository.