This topic describes how to set the boot mode of custom images to the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) mode.
Alibaba Cloud allows you to call API operations to set the boot mode of custom images to the UEFI mode. You may need custom images that support the UEFI boot mode in specific scenarios, such as those in which you use ebmg6a, ebmc6a, or ebmr6a instances. You can call the ImportImage or ModifyImageAttribute operation to set the boot mode of the custom images to the UEFI mode.
- You can set the boot mode of custom images only by calling Elastic Compute Service (ECS) API operations.
- You cannot query the boot mode of custom images by using the ECS console or by calling the query API operations such as the DescribeImages operation.
- When you call an API operation to set the boot mode of custom images to the UEFI mode, the instances that use the custom images start in UEFI mode. Make sure that configurations of the custom images support the UEFI boot mode. Otherwise, the instances cannot start.
- Some instance families that require custom images to use the UEFI boot mode are in invitational or public preview. If exceptions occur when you use the UEFI features and resources, submit a ticket.
Methods of setting the boot mode
|Method 1: Set the UEFI boot mode when you import an image by calling the ImportImage operation.||If you want to import an image that supports the UEFI boot mode to Alibaba Cloud,
you can call the ImportImage operation and set
|Method 2: Change the boot mode of a custom image to the UEFI mode by calling the ModifyImageAttribute operation.||If your Alibaba Cloud account has custom images that support the UEFI boot mode, you
can call the ModifyImageAttribute operation to modify the attributes of the custom
images and set
- Alibaba Cloud OpenAPI Explorer. You can use OpenAPI Explorer to call ECS API operations. For more information, see OpenAPI Developer Portal.
- ECS SDKs. You can use ECS SDKs to call ECS API operations. For more information, see SDK overview.
- Alibaba Cloud CLI. You can run the aliyun command in the shell command line to interact with Alibaba Cloud services and manage your Alibaba Cloud resources. For more information, see What is Alibaba Cloud CLI? .