After a snapshot-consistent group is created, you can use it to roll back one or more disks in the event of system failures or data errors caused by accidental operations.
- A snapshot-consistent group is created based on the instances. For more information,
see Create a snapshot-consistent group.
Notice The rollback operation cannot be reversed. When a disk is rolled back, if data changes were made to the disk from the time the snapshot-consistent group was created until the disk is rolled back, all these data changes are lost. To prevent data loss caused by accidental operations, we recommend that you create a snapshot-consistent group to back up disk data before you roll back disks.
- The instances are in the Stopped state. For more information, see Stop an instance.
Notice If the billing method of an instance is pay-as-you-go and the network type of the instance is VPC, you must enable the standard mode for the instance when you stop the instance. If you enable the economical mode for the instance, you may not be able to start the instance after the disk is rolled back.
- The disks that correspond to the snapshots contained in the snapshot-consistent group have not been released or detached or do not have snapshots being created.
- The operating systems of the instances have not been replaced since the snapshot-consistent group was created.
- The snapshots of the disks have not been deleted from the snapshot-consistent group. If the snapshot of a disk has been deleted from the snapshot-consistent group, the disk cannot be rolled back by using the snapshot-consistent group. The snapshot-consistent group can be used to roll back only other disks whose snapshots are contained in the group.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Click the Snapshot-consistent Group tab.
- Find the snapshot-consistent group that you want to use and click Roll Back in the Actions column.
- In the Roll Back dialog box, perform the following operations.
- Read the precautions about the rollback operation.
- In the Cloud disk snapshot section, select the snapshots of the disks that you want to roll back.
- Click OK Rollback. After the selected disks are rolled back, the Rollback successful message is displayed.
After disks are rolled back, you can log on to their associated instances to check whether the disk data has been reverted to the state it was in when the snapshots were created.