After you create a Virtual Private Cloud-type (VPC-type) Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance, you can modify the private IP address of the instance directly or by changing the vSwitch of the instance.
- No secondary private IP addresses are configured for elastic network interfaces (ENIs) of the instance.
- The instance whose private IP address you want to modify is in the Stopped state.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the instance for which you want to modify the private IP address and choose Actions column. in the
- In the Modify Private IP Address dialog box, modify the parameters and click Modify.
- If you want to change the vSwitch, make sure that the selected vSwitch resides within the same zone as the instance.
- If you do not want to change the vSwitch, modify only the private IP address.
- Choose Actions column. in the Note The new private IP address takes effect after the ECS instance is restarted.