This topic describes how to create and manage an instance. In scenarios that require only one or two Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances without complex network configurations, you can create a subscription instance by using the ECS console based on this topic.
Create an instance
- Go to the Custom Launch tab of the instance buy page. Note
If you have not created an Alibaba Cloud account, create one first. For more information, see Sign up with Alibaba Cloud.
- In the Basic Configurations step, configure parameters and click Next.
The following table describes the parameters of which you must take note. For parameters that are not described in this table, you can use the default values.
Parameter Description Region and zone Select a region that is close to the geographical location of your customer. This way, you can provide services to your customer with a higher access speed and lower latency.
In this example, the China (Hangzhou) region is used.
Instance Type Select an appropriate instance type.
- For individual applications, we recommend that you select the ecs.t6-c2m1.large instance type that has 2 vCPUs and 1 GiB of memory.
- For the applications of small and medium-sized enterprises, we recommend that you select the ecs.c5.large instance type that has 2 vCPUs and 4 GiB of memory.
Quantity Accept a default value of 1. Image Select an image.
- Public Image: Select a public image. Public images contain a clean operating system without additional software. Public images for Linux and Windows operating systems are provided.
- Custom Image: Select a custom image. Custom images contain an operating system that is installed with application environments.
In this example, the Alibaba Cloud Linux 2.1903 64-bit (Quick Start) public image is used.
Storage Select an ultra disk as the system disk. The default disk size is 40 GiB. Duration Accept a default value of 1 Month.
- In the Networking step, configure the public IP address and bandwidth settings, as shown in the following
figure. Then, click Next.
In the Public IP Address section, select Assign Public IPv4 Address and specify a public bandwidth value. For the Network Type and Security Group parameters, you can use the default settings.
Parameter Description Network Type A virtual private cloud (VPC) is created by default. Public IP Address Specify a public bandwidth value. The default public bandwidth value is 1 Mbit/s. Security Group A default security group is created.
- In the System Configurations (Optional) step, set the logon password of the instance and click Preview.
- In the Preview step, read and select the ECS Terms of Service and Product Terms of Service. Then, click Create Order.
- Confirm and pay for the order.
Connect to an instance
- Go to the Instances page in the ECS console.
- Click Connect in the Actions column corresponding to an instance.
- In the Enter VNC Password dialog box, click Reset VNC Password.
- Modify the password. In the Enter VNC Password dialog box, enter your new password and click OK.
- On the instance logon page, enter the username and password of the instance.
Use an instance
For more information about how to use ECS instances, see Quick reference .
- Build a Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP (LAMP) environment. For more information, see Build a LAMP environment on a CentOS 7 instance.
- Build a Linux, NGINX, MySQL, and PHP (LNMP) environment. For more information, see Manually build an LNMP environment on a CentOS 7 instance.
For more information about website building tutorials, see Summary of website building methods.
Release an instance
You can manually release a subscription instance after it expires. If you do not renew an expired instance, the instance is automatically released.
Example on how to create and connect to an instance
The following video demonstrates how to create and connect to an instance by using the ECS console.