Disclaimer: This article may contain information about third-party products. Such information is for reference only. Alibaba Cloud does not make any guarantee, express or implied, with respect to the performance and reliability of third-party products, as well as potential impacts of operations on the products.
You can configure the initial virtual memory as follows:
- If the virtual memory of an image is not configured and the size of the virtual machine is 8GB or less, this option is selected by default.
- If the image has already been configured with virtual memory, or the system memory is at least 8GB, no changes to the virtual memory will be made during system initialization.
When virtual memory is enabled, the disk I/O performance decreases slightly. If you want to enable virtual memory, configure it as described in this topic. The actions in this article apply to Windows 2008 and later.
Alibaba Cloud reminds you that:
- Before you perform operations that may cause risks, such as modifying instance configurations or data, we recommend that you check the disaster recovery and fault tolerance capabilities of the instances to ensure data security.
- You can modify the configurations and data of instances including but not limited to Elastic Compute Service (ECS) and Relational Database Service (RDS) instances. Before the modification, we recommend that you create snapshots or enable RDS log backup.
- If you have authorized or submitted sensitive information such as the logon account and password in the Alibaba Cloud Management Console, we recommend that you modify such information in a timely manner.
If the memory resources of your ECS instance are insufficient, we recommend that you upgrade the instance type to increase the memory resources.
- Connect to the Windows ECS instance.
Note: If you cannot log on to a Windows instance by using software, you can use the management terminal in the ECS console to log on to the instance.
- Select computer, right-click properties, and then click advanced system settings.
Note: in Windows 2012, select this computer, right-click properties, and then click advanced system settings.
- Click advanced. In the performance section, click set.
- Click advanced, select the background service, and then click change.
- In the pop-up window, deselect automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Select the drive that the virtual memory file is stored in, click custom size, enter the initial size and maximum size, click set, and then click OK to complete the configuration.
Note: We recommend that you do not select a system disk to store virtual memory. Select a disk based on the hard disk of your server. You need to consider the Memory.dmp requirement when the system blue screen occurs.
- Elastic Compute Service