This article mainly describes how to install a graphical interface in an ECS instance of the CentOS8 system.
Alibaba Cloud reminds you that:
- Before you perform operations that may cause risks, such as modifying instance configurations or data, we recommend that you check the disaster recovery and fault tolerance capabilities of the instances to ensure data security.
- You can modify the configurations and data of instances including but not limited to Elastic Compute Service (ECS) and Relational Database Service (RDS) instances. Before the modification, we recommend that you create snapshots or enable RDS log backup.
- If you have authorized or submitted sensitive information such as the logon account and password in the Alibaba Cloud Management Console, we recommend that you modify such information in a timely manner.
Refer to the following steps for the operation:
- Run the following command to install the package of the graphical desktop.
yum groupinstall "Server with GUI" -y
- Run the following command to set Graph Mode to the default mode to start.
systemctl set-default graphical
- Run the following command to restart the instance:
- You can connect to an instance through VNC. For more information, see Log on to a Windows instance through password authentication.