Alibaba Cloud Dynamic Route for CDN (DCDN) allows you to configure the protocol that is used by DCDN nodes to retrieve static resources from origin servers. After you configure the static origin protocol policy, DCDN redirects HTTP requests to the origin server over port 80 or HTTPS requests to the origin server over port 443 based on the protocol that you specify.
- If port 443 is used, requests are redirected to the origin server over HTTPS.
- If port 80 or a custom port is used, requests are redirected to the origin server over HTTP.
- Log on to the DCDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Names.
- On the Domain Names page, find the domain name that you want to manage, and click Configure in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the domain name, click Origin Fetch.
- On the Origin Fetch tab, find Static Origin Protocol Policy.
- Turn on Static Origin Protocol Policy.
- In the Static Origin Protocol Policy dialog box, set Redirect Type to Match Client, HTTP, or HTTPS.
Parameter Description Match Client When a client sends an HTTP or an HTTPS request, DCDN redirects the request to the origin server over the protocol used by the client. Make sure that both port 443 and port 80 are open on the origin server. Otherwise, DCDN may fail to redirect client requests to the origin server.Note The static origin protocol policy protects data from tampering and leakage during transmission. If you want to transmit sensitive data such as user identity data over HTTPS, and other data such as image files over HTTP, we recommend that you set Redirect Type to Match Client. HTTP DCDN redirects requests to the origin server over HTTP. HTTPS DCDN redirects requests to the origin server over HTTPS.Note
- HTTPS encryption consumes additional computing resources on the origin server.
- If you set Redirect Type to HTTPS, port 443 is used by default. If you want to use a custom port, submit a ticket.
- Click OK.