The basic services of Dynamic Route for CDN (DCDN) support the pay-by-data-transfer and pay-by-peak-bandwidth metering methods.You can select a metering method based on your business requirements.
This topic describes the metering methods and considerations for the basic services
|The network traffic fluctuates and the bandwidth usage spikes. The daily bandwidth
usage is lower than 30%.
- Description: You are billed for the monthly outbound data transfer of DCDN points of presence
(POPs) based on tiered pricing.
- Billable item: data transfer.
- Billing method: pay-as-you-go or subscription resource plans.
- Billing cycle: You are charged on an hourly basis. A bill is issued about three to four hours after
the end of a billing cycle. The time when bills are issued is determined by the system.
If you want to use the pay-by-peak-bandwidth metering method,submit a ticket
or contact Alibaba Cloud customer service. To use this metering method, the peak bandwidth value within the last 30 days must
exceed 5 Gbit/s
|The network traffic is relatively flat and the daily bandwidth usage exceeds 30%.
- Description: You are charged based on the daily peak bandwidth values. Bandwidth values are aggregated
every 5 minutes, with a total of 288 values collected each day. The highest bandwidth
value is used as the daily peak bandwidth value.
- Billable item: peak bandwidth.
- Billing method: pay-as-you-go.
- Billing cycle: You are charged on a daily basis. The bill of the current day is issued and the
amount due is deducted after 00:00 on the following day. The time when bills are issued
is determined by the system.
- The actual amount of data transfer that is billed is higher than the amount of data
transfer recorded in the log. The amount of data transfer that is recorded in the
log is equal to the amount of data transfer that is captured at the application layer.
However, an additional amount of data is consumed to transmit the additional bytes
inserted into TCP or IP packet headers and to retransmit TCP packets. Therefore, the
actual amount of data transfer is higher than the amount of data transfer that is
captured at the application layer. For more information, see Why is the actual billed network traffic different from the network traffic reported
by the logging feature?.
- In most cases, a bill is issued about 3 to 4 hours after the end of a billing cycle.
The time when bills are issued is determined by the system.