This topic describes how to create an Image Search instance.
- Log on to the Image Search console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select a service type.For more information about service types, see Features.
- Click Create Instance.
- Specify the parameters for the instance that you purchase.Note Instances in different regions cannot communicate with each other. You cannot change the region of the instance after you purchase the instance. Proceed with caution.
Parameter Description Region The region where Image Search resides. Only the China (Shanghai) region is supported on the China site (aliyun.com). Search Type The service type. Image Search provides four service types. Valid values:
Note The service type cannot be changed. Proceed with caution.
- Product Search
It is applicable to scenarios where similar products are searched or products are recommended based on product images on e-commerce platforms. You can upload a product image to search for products that are similar or identical to the product on your image.
- Generic Search
It is applicable to scenarios where you need to protect image copyrights or search for similar images. You can upload an image to search for images that include subjects or elements similar or identical to those included in your image.
- Cloth Search
It is applicable to scenarios where cloth e-commerce enterprises and manufacturers need to search for cloth. You can upload a cloth image to search for cloth that has texture similar or identical to the texture on your image. The system returns cloth information.
- Brand Search
It is applicable to scenarios such as brand search and deduplication. You can upload a brand image to search for brands that are similar or identical to the brand on your image. The system returns brand information.
Queries/sec The maximum number of requests that Image Search can process every second. Higher queries per second (QPS) indicate that Image Search can process more requests every second. For example, five QPS indicates that the system can process five image search requests every second. By default, QPS can be only 20 for image deletion. This indicates that the system can process 20 requests to delete images every second. Capacity The maximum number of images among which you can run searches.Note For product image searches, this parameter specifies the maximum number of images but not the number of products. Instance Name The name of the instance. When you send API requests, you must specify an instance name. The instance name must meet the following requirements:
Note The instance name cannot be changed. Proceed with caution.
- The instance name contains lowercase letters and digits.
- The instance name must start with a letter.
- The instance name must be 4 to 32 characters in length.
Duration The validity duration of the Image Search instance that you purchase.
- Product Search
- Confirm the order and click Buy Now.Note After you purchase the instance, the system automatically initializes the instance. If the instance is in the Initialization Failed state, submit a ticket.