This topic describes how to configure a location blacklist for a website that is protected by an Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium instance. After you enable the feature, you can add a location to the location blacklist to block requests from IP addresses that reside within the location with a few clicks.
You can configure the location blacklist in the following scenarios:
- If your website is available only for users in a location, you can add other locations to the location blacklist after you add your website to Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium. For example, your website is available only for users in China, and you can add locations outside China to the location blacklist.
- If your website experiences frequent DDoS attacks from a location, you can add the location to the location blacklist after you add your website to Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium.
- This feature is supported only for websites. We recommend that you configure traffic blocking policies on the Protection for Infrastructure tab to protect non-website services. For more information, see Configure diversion from the origin server and Configure blocked regions. Only Anti-DDoS Pro supports diversion from the origin server.
- You cannot configure location blacklists for multiple domain names at a time. If you want to configure location blacklists for multiple domain names, you must separately configure a location blacklist for each domain name.
- This feature identifies and filters only requests whose originating IP addresses reside in the blocked locations. This feature cannot reduce the volume of attack traffic.
A website is added to Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium and is associated with an instance that uses the Enhanced function plan. For more information, see Add a website.
- Log on to the Anti-DDoS Pro console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your instance resides.
You can switch the region to configure and manage Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium instances. Make sure that you select the required region when you use Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium.
- Anti-DDoS Pro: If your instance is an Anti-DDoS Pro instance, select Chinese Mainland.
- Anti-DDoS Premium: If your instance is an Anti-DDoS Premium instance, select Outside Chinese Mainland.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the General Policies page, click the Protection for Website Services tab. In the left-side list of domain names, select a domain name.
- In the Location Blacklist (Domain Names) section, click Change Settings.
- In the Configure Location Blacklist panel, select the locations that you want to block and click OK.
- Go back to the Location Blacklist (Domain Names) section and turn on Status to apply the configuration.