A data mart is a data organization that is based on a business category. You can use data marts to organize data for a specific product or scenario. In most cases, a data mart belongs to an application layer and depends on the aggregate data in one or more common layers. This topic describes how to create a data mart and manage subject areas that are associated with a data mart.
A data mart defines business subjects for a business category. You can categorize data in a data mart into different subject areas based on various analysis perspectives. Data marts are used to collect statistics on business applications and analyze the statistics. For example, you can create a data mart to collect statistics on an operations platform and analyze the statistics.
Create a data mart
- Go to the Data Modeling page.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the workspace that you want to manage resides. Find the workspace and click Data Analytics in the Actions column.
- On the DataStudio page, click the icon in the upper-left corner and choose .
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Data Warehouse Planning page, choose to go to the Data Mart page.
- Create a data mart.
- On the Data Mart page, move the pointer over the icon and click Create First-level Data Mart.
- In the Create First-level Data Mart dialog box, configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Abbreviation The abbreviation for the name of the data mart.
The abbreviation can be a maximum of 128 characters in length. The abbreviation can contain lowercase letters, digits, and underscores (_) and must start with a lowercase letter.
Mart Name The name of the data mart.
The name can be a maximum of 2,048 characters in length. The name can contain letters, digits, underscores (_), ampersands (&), and parentheses () and must start with a letter or digit.
Mart Type The type of the data mart. Valid values:
- Business Mart: a type of data mart that is oriented to business requirements.
- Data Application Mart: a type of data mart that is oriented to requirements for data products.
- Common Mart: a type of data mart that can be used for general purposes at application layers.
Business Category The business category to which the data mart belongs. For more information, see Business category. Owner The owner of the data mart. The default value of this parameter is the Alibaba Cloud account that is used to log on to the DataWorks console. Description The description of the data mart.
The description can be up to 2,048 characters in length.
- Click OK. The data mart is created. If you want to modify or delete a data mart, you can find the name of the data mart in the left-side navigation tree of the Data Mart page, right-click the name, and then select Edit or Delete.Note Before you delete a data mart, you must remove all association relationships of the data mart.