This topic describes how to collect metadata and view table information in Data Map.
PrerequisitesThe operations described in Process data are performed.
Metadata describes data attributes, data structures, and other relevant information. Data attributes include the name, size, and data type, data structures include the field, type, and length, and other relevant information includes the location, owner, output node, and access permissions. In DataWorks, metadata refers to information about tables or databases. DataMap is the main service used to manage metadata.
- You cannot view the metadata of the cluster on the DataMap page. For more information about how to view the metadata, see Search for tables.
- You cannot create tables on the Workspace Tables tab of the DataStudio page. For more information about how to create a table, see Manage tables.
View table information
- In the top navigation bar of the DataMap page, click the All Data tab.
- On the All Data tab, select E-MapReduce from the drop-down list to the left of the search box.
- In the table list that appears, click the table named rpt_user_info_d to view the details of the table. You can also enter a keyword in the search box to search for an EMR table and view the details of the table.
- On the page that appears, click Lineage to view the lineages of the table.
What to do next
After you learn how to collect metadata and view table information in Data Map, you can proceed with the next tutorial to learn how to configure rules to monitor and ensure the quality of the data that is generated by the developed nodes. For more information, see Configure rules to monitor data quality.