This topic describes how to query data in a single backup set that is generated by Database Backup (DBS).
Multiple backup sets are generated based on a database that runs the MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Postgres Plus Advanced Server (PPAS), or PolarDB-X engine. The backup method must be logical backup.
Note The database can be a self-managed database, an ApsaraDB RDS database, or a PolarDB database, but cannot be a PolarDB O Edition database.
- Log on to the DBS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup Schedules. On the Backup Schedules page, select a region in the upper-left corner.
- On the Backup Schedules page, find the backup schedule for the backup set that you want to query. Then, click Manage in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the page that appears, find the backup set that you want to query and click Query Backup Set in the Actions column.
- In the Query Backup Set message, click OK. You are navigated to the Data Lake Analytics (DLA) console.Note Before you enter the DLA console to query backup sets, you must grant DBS permission to read DLA data regardless of whether you log on to the DBS console by using an Alibaba Cloud account or as a RAM user. For more information, see Manage RAM users.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the DLA console, choose Serverless Presto > Execute. DLA creates a database based on the schema of the selected backup set and displays
the database in the navigation tree of the Execute page. Double-click the database
name, enter an SQL statement in the code editor, and then click Sync Execute. Note The SQL syntax of DLA is based on Presto. For more information, click Syntax Manuals in the upper-right corner of the Execute page or see Introduction to common SQL statements.