This topic describes how to view the connection status and performance of incremental data migration in the Data Transmission Service (DTS) console. DTS provides the following connection and performance metrics: the number of DDL operations, number of slow SQL statements in the destination database, bandwidth, migration performance, and migration latency. You can monitor and manage data migration tasks by using these metrics. In addition, DTS provides the task diagnostics feature.
- Log on to the DTS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Data Migration.
- At the top of the Migration Tasks page, select the region where the data migration instance resides.
- On the Migration Tasks page, click the ID of the data migration instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the page that appears, view the topology and diagnostic details of the migration task. You can also select a time range to view the trend charts of performance metrics.
Section Description Topology of Incremental Data Migration In this section, you can view the data transmission status and network latency between DTS modules. The DTS modules include the source database, data collection module, data caching module, data writing module, and destination database. The following parameters are provided:
- BPS: the bandwidth between DTS modules. Unit: MB/s.
- RPS: the number of records that are transmitted between DTS modules per second.
- Network Latency: the network latency between DTS modules.
Diagnostics You can check the performance of the source database, destination database, network, and DTS during incremental data migration. DTS provides diagnostic results and suggestions. To use this feature, perform the following steps:
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Diagnostics.
- In the message that appears, click OK.
- Refresh the page to view the diagnostic progress. To view diagnostic details, click the icon, as shown in the following figure.
Performance of Incremental Data Migration In this section, you can view the bandwidth, migration performance, and migration latency. You can also select other metrics from the More Metrics drop-down list.
The following metrics are provided:
- Bandwidth: the amount of data that is written to the destination database per second. Unit: MB/s.
- Migration Performance (RPS): the number of records that are written to the destination database per second.
- Migration Latency (s): the difference between the timestamp of the latest migrated data in the destination database and the current timestamp in the source database.
- Number of DDL Operations: the number of DDL operations that are executed in the destination database within the selected time range.
- Latency (ms): the difference between the time when a data record is generated in the source database and the time when the data record is written to the destination database. For example, if a data record is generated in the source database at 7 o'clock and DTS writes the data record to the destination database at 8 o'clock, the task is delayed by 1 hour.
- Slow SQL Queries: the number of slow SQL queries that are generated in the destination database within the selected time range.