This topic describes how to change the password of a database account in the DTS console. If you have changed the password of your database account because of security considerations, you must update the change in the DTS console.
PrerequisitesA data migration task, data synchronization task, or change tracking task (new) is created.
Note If you are using the previous version of the change tracking feature, you cannot change the password of a database account. On the Change Tracking Tasks page, you can check whether you are using the new version of the change tracking feature.
- Log on to the DTS console. Note If you are redirected to the Data Management (DMS) console, you can click the icon in the lower-right corner to go to the previous version of the DTS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Data Migration, Data Synchronization, or Change Tracking.
- At the top of the page that appears, select the region where your instance resides.
- Find the target instance and click its ID.
- Find the target database, and click Change Source Instance Password or Change Destination Instance Password.
- In the Change Instance Password dialog box, enter the previous password and the new password.Note
- Old password: Enter the previous password of the database account.
- New password: Enter the new password of the database account.
- Confirm password: Enter the new password again.
- Click OK.