This topic describes how to prepare for a data migration job.
- Estimate the amount of data that you want to migrate.
Estimate the size and number of files that you want to migrate. On the Dashboard page of the Microsoft Azure console, click the name of the bucket that you want to migrate and then check the size and number of objects (files).Note To make sure that your data can be migrated as expected, you must enter an appropriate amount and number of files when you create a migration job.
- Restore the data in the bucket.
To migrate files of the Archive storage class, you must restore the files before you create a migration job. Otherwise, all the unrestored files fail to be migrated.Note
- Before you create a source data address and a migration job, make sure that you have restored the Archive files.
- The time required to restore Archive files depends on the amount of data. Therefore, you must estimate and specify a restoration duration so that data does not enter the frozen state.
- Data retrieval fees are incurred when you restore Archive files. For information about billing methods, contact OSS.
- Manage access keys.
- In the Microsoft Azure console, click Storage account and select the required storage account.
- Choose to view access keys and connection strings.
Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS)
- Create a destination bucket.
Create a destination bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create buckets.
- Create and authorize a Resource Access Management (RAM) user.
- Log on to the RAM console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Select Console Access and Programmatic Access, and then specify the required RAM user information.
- Save the new account, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey secret.
- Find the RAM user, and click Add Permissions in the Actions column. Grant the RAM user the read and write permissions on OSS (AliyunOSSFullAccess) and the management permissions on Data Transport (AliyunMGWFullAccess).
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose . On the page that appears, log on to the official website of Alibaba Cloud by using the credentials of the RAM user that you have created.