This topic describes what you need to prepare before migration.
UPYUN Storage Service (USS)
Estimate the size and number of files to be migrated. Log on to the UPYUN Cloud console, navigate to the UPYUN Storage Service page, and check the size and number of objects (files) to be migrated.
Note To ensure a successful migration, you must enter an appropriate size and number of files when creating a migration job.
Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS)
- Create a destination OSS bucket.
Create a destination bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create buckets.
- Create a RAM user and grant required permissions to the RAM user.
- Log on to the Resource Access Management (RAM) console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Users page, click Create User.
- On the Create User page, specify the Logon Name and Display Name parameters in the User Account Information section.
- In the Access Mode section, select Console Access and OpenAPI Access. Then, save the generated logon name, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey secret.
- Console Access: If you select this check box, you must configure the console password, password reset settings, and multi-factor authentication settings.
- OpenAPI Access: If you select this check box, an AccessKey pair is automatically created for the RAM user. The RAM user can call API operations or use other development tools to access Alibaba Cloud resources.
- After the RAM user is created, return to the Users page. Find the RAM user and click Add Permissions in the Actions column. In the panel that appears, select the AliyunOSSFullAccess and AliyunMGWFullAccess policies and click OK. This way, the RAM user is granted the read and write permissions on OSS buckets and the permissions to perform online data migrations.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Overview.
- On the page that appears, navigate to the Account Management section and click the link under RAM user logon. On the page that appears, enter the logon name and password of the RAM user to log on to the Alibaba Cloud Management Console.