This topic describes what you need to prepare before migration.
UPYUN Storage Service (USS)
Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS)
- Create a destination OSS bucket.
Create a destination bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create buckets.
- Create a Resource Access Management (RAM) user and grant required permissions to the
- Log on to the RAM console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Users page, click Create User.
- On the Create User page, specify Logon Name and Display Name in the User Account Information section.
- In the Access Mode section, select Console Access and OpenAPI Access. Then, save the generated logon name, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey secret.
- Console Access: If you select this option, you must configure the console password, password reset settings, and multi-factor authentication settings.
- OpenAPI Access: If you select this option, an AccessKey pair is automatically created for the RAM user. The RAM user can call API operations or use other development tools to access Alibaba Cloud resources.
- After the RAM user is created, return to the Users page. Find the RAM user and click Add Permissions in the Actions column. In the panel that appears, select the AliyunOSSFullAccess and AliyunMGWFullAccess policies and click OK. This way, the RAM user is granted the permissions to read and write files from OSS and perform online data migrations.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Overview.
- On the page that appears, navigate to the Account Management section and click the link under RAM user logon. On the page that appears, enter the logon name and password of the RAM user to log on to the Alibaba Cloud Management Console.