This topic describes how to prepare for a migration.
- Estimate the amount of data to be migrated
Estimate the amount of data to be migrated. Log on to the UCloud console, choose , and then click the name of the bucket that stores the source data. Choose , and check the size of the data that is stored in the bucket.Note To ensure that data can be migrated as expected, you must specify an appropriate size and number of objects when you create a migration job.
- Restore the data in the bucket
To migrate data of the Archive storage class, you must restore the data before you create a migration job. Otherwise, the files that are not restored or being restored fail to be migrated. This is because Data Online Migration does not support the restore operation of archived files. For more information about how to restore archived data, see Solutions to migrate archived data.Note
- Before you create a source data address and a migration job, make sure the Archive data is restored.
- The time required to restore Archive data is based on the data volume. Therefore, you must estimate and specify a restoration duration so that data does not enter the archived state.
- You are charged when you restore archived files. For information about the billing methods, contact the service provider that offers the source data address.
- Create a cloud API public key and private key for the migration.
In the UCloud console, choose Bucket column. The public key and private key management page appears. Choose , and view and create public keys and private keys.and select a value in the
Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS)
- Create a destination bucket.
Create a destination bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create buckets.
- Create and authorize a Resource Access Management (RAM) user.
- Log on to the RAM console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Select Console Access and Programmatic Access, and then specify the required RAM user information.
- Save the new account, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey secret.
- Find the RAM user, and click Add Permissions in the Actions column. Grant the RAM user the read and write permissions on OSS (AliyunOSSFullAccess) and the management permissions on Data Transport (AliyunMGWFullAccess).
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose . On the page that appears, log on to the official website of Alibaba Cloud by using the credentials of the RAM user that you have created.