This topic describes how to prepare for a migration job.
Huawei Cloud OBS
- Estimate the amount of data that you want to migrate.
Estimate the size and number of files that you want to migrate. Log on to the Huawei Cloud Management Console, choose , and then select the bucket in which the data that you want to migrate is stored. In the Basic Statistics section, view the size of the bucket and the number of files that you want to migrate.Note To ensure a successful migration, you must specify valid values for the size and number of files when you create a migration job.
- Restore the data in the bucket
Data Online Migration does not restore data in archived files during migration. Before you create a migration job to migrate data of the Archive storage class, you must manually restore the data. Otherwise, the files that are not restored or are being restored cannot be migrated. For more information about how to restore data of the Archive storage class, see Solutions to migrate archived data.Note
- Before you create a source data address and a migration job, make sure that data of the Archive storage class is restored.
- The time required to restore data of the Archive storage class is based on the amount of data. Make sure that you specify an appropriate value for the restoration duration. This can prevent data from entering the archived state during migration.
- You may be charged for the restoration operation. For information about the billing methods, contact the service provider that offers the source bucket.
- Create an AccessKey pair that is used to migrate data.
In the upper-right corner of the Huawei Cloud Management Console, move the pointer over the account name and click My Credentials in the drop-down list. In the left-side navigation pane, click Access Keys to view or create AccessKey pairs.
Alibaba Cloud OSS
- Create a destination OSS bucket.
Create a destination bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create buckets.
- Create a Resource Access Management (RAM) user and grant required permissions to the
- Log on to the RAM console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Users page, click Create User.
- On the Create User page, specify Logon Name and Display Name in the User Account Information section.
- In the Access Mode section, select Console Access and OpenAPI Access. Then, save the generated logon name, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey secret.
- Console Access: If you select this option, you must configure the console password, password reset settings, and multi-factor authentication settings.
- OpenAPI Access: If you select this option, an AccessKey pair is automatically created for the RAM user. The RAM user can call API operations or use other development tools to access Alibaba Cloud resources.
- After the RAM user is created, return to the Users page. Find the RAM user and click Add Permissions in the Actions column. In the panel that appears, select the AliyunOSSFullAccess and AliyunMGWFullAccess policies and click OK. This way, the RAM user is granted the permissions to read and write files from OSS and perform online data migrations.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Overview.
- On the page that appears, navigate to the Account Management section and click the link under RAM user logon. On the page that appears, enter the logon name and password of the RAM user to log on to the Alibaba Cloud Management Console.