This topic describes how to prepare for a migration job.
- Estimate the amount of data
Estimate the amount and the number of files that you want to migrate. You can log on to the Amazon CloudWatch console, and select an Amazon S3 bucket to view the amount and the number of files that you want to migrate.Note To ensure a successful migration, you must enter an appropriate amount and number of files when you create a migration job.
- Restore the data in the bucket
To migrate files of the Archive storage class, you must restore the files before you create a migration job. Otherwise, all the unrestored files fail to be migrated.Note
- Before you create a source data address and a migration job, make sure that you have restored the Archive files.
- The time required to restore Archive files depends on the amount of data. Therefore, you must estimate and specify a restoration duration so that data does not enter the frozen state.
- Data retrieval fees are incurred when you restore Archive files. For information about billing methods, contact OSS.
- Create an AccessKey pair
Log on to the AWS IAM console, create an Identity and Access Management console (IAM) user, attach the
AmazonS3ReadOnlyAccesspermission policy to the IAM user, and then create an AccessKey pair for the IAM user.
Data Online Migration does not support AWS S3 whitelists. If a whitelist exists, delete it or submit a ticket.
Alibaba Cloud OSS
- Create an OSS bucket
Create a destination OSS bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create a bucket.
- Create and authorize a RAM user
- Log on to the RAM console.
- Choose .
- Select Console Password Logon and Programmatic Access, and then enter the required RAM user information.
- Click OK to save the generated RAM username, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey Secret.
- Find the RAM user, and click Add Permissions to grant the OSS read/write permission (AliyunOSSFullAccess) and Data Transport management permission (AliyunMGWFullAccess) to the RAM user. The following figure shows the authorization page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Overview, click the link in the RAM user logon section, and enter the username and password of the new RAM user to log on to the console.