If the workload of your cluster increases, the resources of the cluster may become insufficient to meet the requirements. In this case, you can expand the cluster by adding computing resources. For example, if your cluster contains more than 10 nodes, you can upgrade the configurations of worker nodes. This improves resource utilization and reduces O&M complexity. This topic describes how to upgrade the configurations of worker nodes in a Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) cluster.
- Log on to the ACK console.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the ACK console, click Clusters.
- On the Clusters page, find the cluster that you want to manage and click the name of the cluster or click Details in the Actions column. The details page of the cluster appears.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the details page, choose .
- Click the ID of the worker node for which you want to upgrade the configurations to
go to the instance details page. In this example, the worker-k8s-for-cs instance is used. On the instance details page, you can view information about the instance, such as the instance type.
Pay-as-you-go worker nodes are used in this example. For more information about how to upgrade worker nodes that use other billing methods, see Overview of instance upgrade and downgrade.
- If Change Instance Type to the right side of Type is dimmed, it indicates that the instance is running. You must click Stop to stop the instance. In the Stop Instance dialog box, set Stopped By and Stop Mode, and then click OK.
- Click Change Instance Type to the right side of Type.
- On the Change Instance Type page, select the instance type that you want to use and click Change. For more information about instance types, see Select ECS instances to create worker nodes.
- In the Change success dialog box, click Console. You are redirected to the Instances page. You can verify that the instance type of the worker-k8s-for-cs node is changed.
- Find the worker-k8s-for-cs instance and choose Actions column. In the Start Instance dialog box, click OK. After the worker-k8s-for-cs node is added to the cluster, the node changes to the Running state. This indicates that the configurations of the work node are upgraded. in the