This topic describes the features of sgx-device-plugin and lists the latest changes to the component.
sgx-device-plugin is a Kubernetes device plug-in developed by Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) and Ant Financial. sgx-device-plugin facilitates the use of Intel (R) Software Guard Extensions (SGX) in containers. Intel (R) SGX is a set of CPU instructions provided by Intel. Intel (R) SGX increases the security of application code and data. This protects your code and data against disclosure and malicious tampering. For more information, see software-guard-extensions.Features
- Intel (R) SGX can be used without the need to enable the privilege mode.
- The Enclave Page Cache (EPC) size can be automatically retrieved.
- Declarative EPC resource allocation is supported.
- TEE-SDK. TEE-SDK enables the compatibility between and Intel SGX and Intel SGX Platform Software (PSW).
- The Kubernetes version must be V1.10 or later.
- The Go version must be V1.10 or later.
- Can I deploy sgx-device-plugin in Kubernetes clusters that are deployed outside Alibaba
Yes, sgx-device-plugin can be deployed in all types of Kubernetes clusters. However, you can run sgx-device-plugin only on SGX-enabled nodes.
- Can I use sgx-device-plugin to control the EPC size for SGX-enabled containers?
No, you cannot use sgx-device-plugin to control the EPC size for SGX-enabled containers. The EPC size limit specified by the alibabacloud.com/sgx_epc_MiB parameter applies only to kube-scheduler. Intel (R) SGX Driver does not support this parameter.
- Is sgx-device-plugin open source?
Yes, sgx-device-plugin is open source. For more information, see sgx-device-plugin.
By default, sgx-device-plugin is installed in ACK clusters. You can use sgx-device-plugin without extra configurations.
|Version||Image address||Release date||Description||Impact|
||No impact on workloads|