Elastic Container Instance-based scheduling is a scheduling policy that Alibaba Cloud provides for elastic resource scheduling. You can add annotations to specify the resources that you want to use when you deploy applications. You can specify that only Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances or elastic container instances are used, or enable the system to request elastic container instances when ECS resources are insufficient. Elastic Container Instance-based scheduling can meet your resource requirements in different workload scenarios.
annotationsparameter in the
template.metadatasection of the Deployment configuration. The
alibabacloud.com/burst-resourceannotation can be set to one of the following values:
- If the value is left empty, only existing ECS resources in the cluster are used. This is the default value.
- eci: Elastic container instances are used when the ECS resources in the cluster are insufficient.
- eci_only: Only elastic container instances are used. The ECS resources in the cluster are not used.
- Create a nginx-deployment.yaml file and copy the following content to the file:
apiVersion: apps/v1 kind: Deployment metadata: name: nginx labels: app: nginx spec: replicas: 4 selector: matchLabels: app: nginx template: metadata: name: nginx annotations: alibabacloud.com/burst-resource: eci # Specify the type of resources that you want to use for elastic scheduling. labels: app: nginx spec: containers: - name: nginx image: nginx resources: limits: cpu: 2 requests: cpu: 2
- Run the following command to create pods that run on elastic container instances:
kubectl apply -f nginx-deployment.yaml