If you have a large amount of cloud resources, we recommend that you add these resources to application groups, and then apply alert templates to the application groups. This way, you can manage alert rules in a simplified manner. Alert templates must be used together with application groups. You can apply alert templates to application groups to create alert rules for resources from different services.
PrerequisitesAn alert template is created. For more information, see Create an alert template.
After you apply an alert template to an application group, CloudMonitor automatically deletes the existing alert rules and creates new alert rules based on the alert template.
- Log on to the CloudMonitor console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Application Groups.
- On the Application Group tab, select the application groups to which you want to apply an alert template and click Apply Templates.
- In the Apply Templates to Groups dialog box, select an alert template and configure the Mute For, Effective Period, Alert Callback, and Priority parameters.
To test the connectivity of an alert callback URL, perform the following steps:
Click Test next to the callback URL.
In the Webhook Test panel, you can check and troubleshoot the connectivity of the alert callback URL based on the returned status code and test result details.Note
To obtain the details of the test result, configure the Test Template Type and Language parameters and click Test.
- Click Confirm. In the section of each application group, you can view the name of the associated alert template.