If a firewall is installed on your host, you must add the IP addresses and port numbers that are used by CloudMonitor to the whitelist of the firewall. This way, the CloudMonitor agent installed on your host can communicate with the CloudMonitor server.
- Log on to the host where the CloudMonitor agent resides as a root user. Important You can manage the CloudMonitor agent only by using an administrator account. For Linux operating systems, use the root user account. For Windows operating systems, use the Administrator account. If you use an administrator account, certain risks may occur. For example, system stability or data security issues may occur. Proceed with caution.
- Run the following command to obtain the IP address that is used by CloudMonitor to receive heartbeat data: nslookup cms-cloudmonitor.aliyun.com
- Run the following command to obtain the IP address that is used by CloudMonitor to receive monitoring data:
Note If your host is deployed in a VPC, we recommend that you preferentially report monitoring data to the VPC endpoint of CloudMonitor
- Virtual private cloud (VPC)nslookup metrichub-<regionid>.aliyun.comNote Add the IP address 100.100.100.200:80 to the whitelist of the firewall. The IP address is used to obtain instance-related information such as
metrichub-<regionid>.aliyun.com. You can also report monitoring data to the public endpoint of CloudMonitor
metrichub-cms-<regionid>.aliyuncs.com. In the public endpoint, the
regionidparameter can be set only to
- Virtual private cloud (VPC)
- Add the IP addresses and port numbers that are used by CloudMonitor to receive heartbeat data and monitoring data to the whitelist of the firewall. CloudMonitor uses the following port numbers:
- 80 and 443: used to receive the monitoring data reported by the CloudMonitor agent from the host.
- 8080 and 3128: used to monitor the heartbeats of the CloudMonitor agent.