If you have a large amount of cloud resources, we recommend that you add these resources to application groups, and then apply alert templates to the application groups. This way, you can manage alert rules in a simplified manner. Alert templates must be used together with application groups. You can apply alert templates to application groups to create alert rules for resources from different services.
After you apply an alert template to an application group, CloudMonitor automatically deletes the existing alert rules and creates new alert rules based on the alert template.
- Log on to the CloudMonitor console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Application Groups.
- On the Application Group tab, select the application groups to which you want to apply an alert template and click Apply Templates.
- In the Apply Templates to Groups dialog box, select an alert template and set the Mute For, Effective From, Alert Callback, and Priority parameters.
- Click Confirm. In the section of each application group, you can view the name of the associated alert template.