Before you use an ApsaraDB ClickHouse cluster, you must have a database account. In the ApsaraDB ClickHouse console, you can create accounts and grant the accounts different permissions. This topic describes how to create an account and grant the account the DML and DDL permissions.
You can create up to 500 database accounts for a single ApsaraDB ClickHouse cluster.
An ApsaraDB ClickHouse cluster is created and the cluster is in the Running state. For more information, see Create a cluster.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for ClickHouse console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the cluster is deployed.
- On the Clusters page, find the cluster that you want to manage and click the cluster ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Account Management.
- Click Create Account in the upper-right corner.
- Set the following parameters based on the on-screen instructions that are displayed.
In this example, a database account named test is created.
Parameter Description Example Database Account The database account. The account name must meet the following requirements:
- The name must be unique in the cluster.
- The name can contain lowercase letters, digits, and underscores (_).
- The name must start with a lowercase letter and end with a lowercase letter or a digit.
- The name must be 2 to 64 characters in length.
test Authorized Access Scope The access scope of the authorized database account. All Databases and Dictionaries DML Permission Specifies whether to grant the write permissions. Read, Write and Set Permissions DDL Permission Specifies whether to grant DDL permissions. Enable DDL Password The password of the database account. The password must meet the following requirements:
- The password must contain at least three of the following character types: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters.
- The following special characters are supported: !@#$%^&*()_+-=
- The password must be 8 to 32 characters in length.
123456Aa Confirm Password Enter the same password. 123456Aa Description The description of the database account. The description must meet the following requirements:
- The description cannot contain the prefix http:// or https://.
- The description can be up to 256 characters in length or be an empty string.
- Click OK. After the database account is created, you can view the database account on the Accounts page.