Real-Time Streaming (RTS) is billed on a pay-by-traffic basis. This topic describes the billing rules of RTS.
|Pay-by-traffic||Suitable for scenarios in which the traffic curve fluctuates and traffic is generated only at certain times of a day. For example, traffic is generated only from 9:00 to 11:00 in the morning and from 13:00 to 15:00 in the afternoon. |
Note You can purchase resource plans that are used to offset traffic fees. Compared with pay-as-you-go, resource plans are more cost-effective. For more information, see Overview.
- You can use standard streaming and Real-Time Streaming (RTS) at the same time to play streams under a domain name. Fees for standard streaming and RTS are calculated respectively.
- By default, the same billing option, such as pay-by-traffic or pay-by-bandwidth, applies to standard streaming and RTS. However, the prices of standard streaming and RTS are different.
- We recommend that you use RTS to improve user experience. For more information, see Overview.
- To view the final prices, visit the ApsaraVideo Live pricing page.
- Pricing (expand to view specific prices)
Countries and regions outside the Chinese mainland:
Traffic tier (Billing unit: USD/GB) Chinese mainland (CN) North America (NA) Europe (EU) Asia Pacific 1 (AP1) Asia Pacific 2 (AP2) Asia Pacific 3 (AP3) Middle East & Africa (MEAA) South America (SA) 0 TB to 10 TB 0.084 0.140 0.140 0.162 0.216 0.192 0.400 0.400 10 TB to 50 TB (excluding 10 TB) 0.080 0.140 0.140 0.162 0.216 0.192 0.400 0.400 50 TB to 100 TB (excluding 50 TB) 0.074 0.120 0.120 0.124 0.188 0.166 0.360 0.360 100 TB to 1 PB (excluding 100 TB) 0.064 0.060 0.060 0.106 0.158 0.140 0.300 0.280 Over 1 PB 0.052 0.050 0.050 0.096 0.144 0.128 0.280 0.260
- North America: US and Canada
- Europe: Ukraine, UK, France, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Sweden, and Germany
- Asia Pacific 1: Hong Kong (China), Macao (China), Taiwan (China), Japan, and Southeast Asian countries and regions excluding Vietnam and Indonesia.
- Asia Pacific 2: India, Indonesia, Republic of Korea, and Vietnam
- Asia Pacific 3: Australia and New Zealand
- Middle East & Africa: South Africa, Oman, UAE, and Kuwait
- South America: Brazil
- Billing rules
Item Description Usage statistics The total amount of outbound streaming traffic on a day is counted. The inbound traffic is free of charge for a limited time.Note The unit is GB. The conversion scale for traffic is 1024. For example, 1 GB equals to 1,024 MB. Billing policy Tiered pricing for traffic is used based on the region. The traffic is accumulated on a monthly basis. In a calendar month, if the usage reaches a certain tier, the amount of traffic that falls in the tier is billed at the corresponding unit price. Usage in different regions cannot be added together. Billing cycle You are charged on a daily basis. The bills of a day are generated within 1 hour after 00:00 on the following day. The time when bills are generated is determined by the system. Fees are automatically deducted from your Alibaba Cloud account after bills are generated. If a deductible resource plan is available, the system preferentially uses the resource plan to offset fees. Billing method You are charged based on the pay-as-you-go or subscription billing method.
- Billing example
- Scenario: On June 1 and 2, you use ApsaraVideo Live to ingest streams in the Chinese mainland. The outbound streaming traffic on June 1 is 10 TB, and the outbound streaming traffic on June 2 is 5 TB.
- Pricing: As shown in the traffic pricing table, the usage on June 1 falls in the tier of 0 to 10 TB and the corresponding price is 0.084 USD/GB in the Chinese mainland. Because traffic is accumulated on a monthly basis, the usage on June 2 falls in the tier of 10 TB to 50 TB and the corresponding price is 0.080 USD/GB in the Chinese mainland.
RTS fee on June 1: 10 × 1,024 GB × USD 0.084/GB = USD 860.16. The bill is generated within 1 hour after 00:00 on June 2.
RTS fee on June 2: 5 × 1,024 GB × USD 0.080/GB = USD 409.6. The bill is generated within 1 hour after 00:00 on June 3.