By default, you are charged for outbound traffic that are generated when you use Real-time Streaming (RTS). This topic describes the billing rules of RTS.
You can select only one billing method for the outbound traffic of an instance.
RTS and live streaming have the same billing rules but have different pricing rules.
Pay by outbound traffic
- Tiered pricing
Traffic tier (Billing unit: USD/GB) Mainland China-CN North America-NA Europe-EU Asia Pacific 1-AP1 Asia Pacific 2-AP2 Asia Pacific 3-AP3 Middle East & Africa-MEAA South America-SA 0 TB to 10 TB 0.084 0.140 0.140 0.162 0.216 0.192 0.400 0.400 10 TB to 50 TB (excluding 10 TB) 0.080 0.140 0.140 0.162 0.216 0.192 0.400 0.400 50 TB to 100 TB (excluding 50 TB) 0.074 0.120 0.120 0.124 0.188 0.166 0.360 0.360 100 TB to 1 PB (excluding 100 TB) 0.064 0.060 0.060 0.106 0.158 0.140 0.300 0.280 Greater than 1 PB 0.052 0.050 0.050 0.096 0.144 0.128 0.280 0.260
Regions outside mainland China
- North America: US and Canada
- Europe: Russia, Ukraine, Britain, France, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Sweden, and Germany
- Asia Pacific 1: Hong Kong(China), Japan, Taiwan(China), Macau(China), and Southeast Asian countries excluding Vietnam and Indonesia
- Asia Pacific 2: India, Indonesia, South Korea, and Vietnam
- Asia Pacific 3: Australia and New Zealand
- Middle East & Africa: South Africa, Oman, UAE, and Kuwait
- South America: Brazil
Item Details Billing method You are charged based on tiered pricing in each region. The billing cycle is one calendar month. During a billing cycle, the amount of data that exceeds the quota in the current pricing tier incur fees based on the next pricing tier. The pricing depends on regions and bandwidth tiers.Note
- Conversion formula: 1 GB = 1,024 MB.
- If you select the pay-by-traffic billing method, the upper limit of the bandwidth is 10 Gbit/s.For more information about how to change the billing method, submit a ticket.
Billing cycle Hour. Fees are accumulated by month. Billable item
By default, only outbound traffic incurs fees.
Payment method Pay-as-you-go. Bill time Bills are generated after the current billing cycle ends. Settlement time Fees are automatically deducted after bills are generated.
- Billing example
- Scenario: On June 16 and 17, RTS is used in mainland China. The outbound traffic of June 16 is 5 TB. The outbound traffic of June 17 is 10 TB. Stream ingest concurrency is disabled.
- Pricing: In mainland China, the unit price of outbound traffic is USD 0.084/GB if the traffic volume is less than or equal to 10 TB. The unit price of outbound traffic is USD 0.080/GB if the traffic volume is greater than 10 TB but less than 50 TB, as shown in the Tiered pricing table.
RTS fee on June 16: 5 × 1,024 GB × USD 0.084/GB = USD 430.08. Bills are generated on an hourly basis when a live streaming video is played.
RTS fee on June 17: 5 × 1,024 GB × USD 0.084/GB + 5 × 1,024 GB × USD 0.080/GB = USD 839.68. Bills are generated on an hourly basis when a live streaming video is played.