ApsaraDB RDS supports two types of endpoints: internal endpoints and public endpoints. By default, you are provided with an internal endpoint that is used to connect to your ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance. If you want to connect to your RDS instance over the Internet, you must apply for a public endpoint.
Internal and public endpoints
Apply for or release a public endpoint
- Access RDS Instances, select a region at the top, and then click the ID of the target RDS instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Connection.
- Apply for or release a public endpoint.
- If you have not applied for a public endpoint, you can click Apply for Public Endpoint.
- If you have applied for a public endpoint, click Release Public Endpoint.
- In the message that appears, click OK. Important After the public endpoint is released, the client cannot connect to the RDS instance by using the released public endpoint.
|Apply for a public endpoint||Applies for a public endpoint for an instance.|
|Release a public endpoint||Releases the public endpoint of an instance.|