- High performance: ApsaraDB for OceanBase adopts a read/write splitting architecture and optimizes the performance of the computing engine. ApsaraDB for OceanBase offers performance as high as in-memory databases.
- Low costs: ApsaraDB for OceanBase provides high performance at low computing costs. It also compresses data at a high compression rate and uses PC servers and low-end SSDs to ensure low storage costs. ApsaraDB for OceanBase supports multitenancy to make full use of system resources.
- High availability: Data is stored in multiple replicas. Data availability is not affected even if a few replicas fail. The Five Data Centers in Three Regions solution provides automated and non-disruptive disaster recovery across cities.
- Strong consistency: Transaction logs are synchronized among data replicas by using the Paxos protocol. Transactions can be committed only after they are approved by a majority of the acceptors. By default, read and write operations are performed on the primary replica to ensure strong consistency.
- Scalability: The nodes in a cluster are peers to one another. Each node has independent computing and storage capabilities, which avoids potential risks caused by a single point of failure. ApsaraDB for OceanBase provides linear scalability that allows for increasing or decreasing nodes.
- Compatibility: ApsaraDB for OceanBase is compatible with the main features, frontend protocols, and backend protocols of MySQL and Oracle databases. You can migrate data from MySQL and Oracle databases to ApsaraDB for OceanBase with zero or small modifications.
ApsaraDB for OceanBase is a distributed relational database. With years of industry practice, ApsaraDB for OceanBase provides support for the core trading system of Ant Financial and hundreds of key businesses of Alibaba Group and Ant Financial, and has served numerous customers such as China Zheshang Bank, and Bank of Nanjing. ApsaraDB for OceanBase is applicable to the financial scenarios which involve transactions, payments, and accounting, and require high availability, strong consistency, high performance, low cost, and excellent scalability, such as finance and securities. ApsaraDB for OceanBase can also be used for online transaction processing (OLTP) applications for relational storage. The shared-nothing architecture of ApsaraDB for OceanBase supports various OLAP applications. ApsaraDB for OceanBase can be used in the following scenarios.
The financial industry has high requirements for data reliability. Each transaction submitted to ApsaraDB for OceanBase is synchronized in real time across multiple data centers. If a disaster occurs in a data center, completed transactions can be recovered in other data centers. This ensures financial-grade reliability.
The rapid growth of businesses multiplies the pressure on databases. As a distributed relational database, ApsaraDB for OceanBase uses computers as independent nodes. Data is distributed across nodes based on the capacity and availability of each node. If an increasing volume of data is generated, ApsaraDB for OceanBase automatically increases the number of nodes to meet business requirements.
By offering continuous and uninterrupted service, an enterprise can provide a better product experience for its customers. Based on the distributed cluster architecture, ApsaraDB for OceanBase automatically removes faulty nodes. Data replicas that are stored on other nodes ensure that services can be provided without interruptions. If a data center fails, ApsaraDB for OceanBase switches the service node to other data centers in a short period of time, which ensures the continuous availability of business.