Alibaba Cloud Prometheus Service uses Grafana dashboards to display metric data. On the Dashboards page, you can view the information about all dashboards of a Prometheus instance and the related core metrics. You can also upgrade a dashboard based on your business requirements.
View the dashboard list
- Log on to the ARMS console .
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar of the Prometheus Monitoring page, select the region of the Prometheus instance whose dashboard list you want
to view and click the name of the instance. The Dashboards page displays the information about all Grafana dashboards of the Prometheus instance. The information includes the dashboard name, dashboard version, dashboard type, data source, tags, core metrics, and status.
In this example, a Prometheus instance that is created for a Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) cluster is used. You can view the information about the dashboards. You can also view the status and version of the Prometheus agent. To upgrade the agent version, click Upgrade Agent.
Parameter Description Name The name of the dashboard. Version The version of the dashboard. Prometheus Service upgrades basic dashboards on an irregular basis. Dashboard type The type of the dashboard. Valid values:
- Basic: a preset Grafana dashboard provided by Prometheus Service.
- Custom: a custom Grafana dashboard.
Note If a preset Grafana dashboard cannot meet your business requirements, you can create a custom Grafana dashboard. For more information, see Use Prometheus Service to create a custom Grafana dashboard.
Source The source of the monitoring data that is displayed on the Grafana dashboard.Note The data sources of Grafana dashboards vary based on the types of Prometheus instances. Label The tags of the monitored objects. Core Metrics The core metrics that are displayed on the dashboard. Status The status of the dashboard.
The following figure shows the Dashboards page of a Prometheus instance that is created for a cloud service.Note
- If CMS is displayed in the Source column, the corresponding dashboard displays the monitoring data of an Alibaba Cloud service that is connected to Prometheus Service by using CloudMonitor. The monitoring data is updated if the connected Alibaba Cloud services change.
- If CloudProduct is displayed in the Source column, the corresponding dashboard displays the monitoring data of an Alibaba Cloud service that is directly connected to Prometheus Service.
On the Dashboards page, you can perform the following operations:
- View metrics
Click the name of a Grafana dashboard. On the page that appears, you can view the real-time metrics on the Grafana dashboard. For more information about the metrics on basic dashboards, see Basic Grafana dashboards.
- View core metrics
Find a Grafana dashboard that you want to view and move the pointer over the icon in the Core Metrics column. Then, the information about the core metrics is displayed. Click View Details. In the Core Metrics dialog box, you can view the type and description of the core metrics.
- Close a dashboard
Find a Grafana dashboard that you want to close and click Closed in the Actions column. In the dialog box that appears, click Closed.
- Delete a dashboard
Find a Grafana dashboard that you want to delete and click Delete in the Actions column. In the dialog box that appears, click Delete.
- Upgrade the version of a dashboard
- Upgrade a dashboard: Find a Grafana dashboard whose name is labeled with the New icon and click Upgrade in the Actions column. In the dialog box that appears, click Upgrade.
- Reset dashboards: In the upper-right corner of the Dashboards page, click Dashboard reset. In the dialog box that appears, click Reset. Then, all basic dashboards are upgraded to the latest version. For more information, see Reset dashboards.
- You can click Upgrade or Dashboard reset to upgrade the version of a dashboard. If you click Upgrade in the Actions column of a dashboard, the dashboard is upgraded to the next version in the sequence of released versions. If you click Dashboard reset on the Dashboard page, all basic dashboards on the page are directly upgraded to the latest version. If you do not upgrade or reset a dashboard to the latest version at the earliest opportunity, the data that is displayed on the current dashboard may be inaccurate.
- You cannot reset the dashboards of Prometheus instances for cloud services by clicking Dashboard reset.