Alibaba Cloud Prometheus Monitoring provides the GlobalView aggregate instance feature at the region level. The GlobalView aggregation instance feature provides a virtual aggregation instance for all Prometheus instances in the current region. This virtual aggregate instance can implement unified metric query and alerting.
- A Prometheus instance is created. For more information, see the following topics:
- Grafana is installed on a local host. For more information, see Grafana.
View an aggregation instance
- Log on to the ARMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- View the HTTP API address of the aggregation instance. You can use an HTTP API address to connect the GlobalView aggregate instance of Alibaba Cloud Prometheus Monitoring to local Grafana. You can view metric data in a unified manner.
Use Grafana to add GlobalView aggregation instances of Prometheus Monitoring
Add the API endpoint obtained in the View Aggregation Instance field to the local Grafana data source. perform the following steps:
- Log on to the local Grafana system as an administrator.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose . Note This menu is visible only to the administrator.
- On the Data Sources tab, click Add Data Source.
- On the Add data source page, click PrometheusGlobalView.
- On the Settings tab, enter a custom name in the Name field. In the URL field, paste the API address obtained from View Aggregation Instance .
- Click Save & Test at the bottom of the tab to add the GlobalView aggregation instance of Prometheus Monitoring.
View metric data
After you add a GlobalView aggregate instance of Prometheus Monitoring by using Grafana, you can use Explorer to view all metrics of Prometheus Monitoring, Cloud Service, and application monitoring services.
- Log on to the local Grafana system.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Explorer.
- Select a PrometheusGlobalView from the drop-down list on the right of the Explorer. In the Metrics field, enter a metric name and press the Enter key.
- Displays charts of the corresponding metrics to view all metric data of the GlobalView
aggregate instance. If no metric data is displayed, check whether the specified interface
address is correct or whether the data source has Prometheus monitoring data.