This topic describes the limits of API Gateway.
API Gateway user
To use API Gateway, you must first complete real-name verification.
Number of API groups that each user can create
- Each account can have a maximum of 200 API groups in each region. The API groups include both groups that are bound to independent domain names and those that are not bound to independent domain names.
- By default, each account can have a maximum of five API groups that are not bound to independent domain names in each region. However, if an account has at least one API group that is bound to an independent domain name in a region, the account can have a maximum of 20 API groups that are not bound to independent domain names in this region.
- You can submit tickets to raise these limits as needed.
Public second-level domain names
The following limits apply when you call API operations in an API group by using the public second-level domain name that is automatically assigned to the API group:
- You can make 100 API calls per day in regions outside the Chinese mainland and 1,000 API calls per day in regions in the Chinese mainland.
- In the case of access by using a browser, the browser downloads data by default.
Number of independent domain names that can be bound to each API group
Each API group can be bound to a maximum of five independent domain names, including wildcard domain names.
Number of APIs that each user can create
Each API group can contain a maximum of 1,000 APIs.
Number of requests per second (RPS) for each API group
- For shared instances, the upper limit of RPS for each region under each account is 1,000, and the upper limit of RPS for each API group is 500. If you require higher RPS limits, you can use dedicated instances.
- For dedicated instances, the upper limit of RPS for each API group varies with the instance specification.
Number of user connections
- Each shared instance supports a maximum of 500 connections per region per account. If you need a larger number of user connections, use a dedicated instance.
- The maximum number of connections that each dedicated instance supports varies with the instance specification.
Number of apps
- By default, each account can have a maximum of 1,000 apps. You can submit a ticket to raise this limit as needed.
- A maximum of 1,000 apps can be authorized to call an API. You can submit a ticket to raise this limit as needed.
- The URL and header of each HTTP request can be up to 8 KB in size.
- For APIs on a shared instance, the body of each HTTP request can be up to 8 MB in size. For APIs on a dedicated instance, the body of each HTTP request can be up to 32 MB in size.
- The body of each HTTP response is not limited in size. Each HTTP response must be returned within a timeout period that you specify for the backend of the API.
Response from Function Compute
The body of a response returned by Function Compute can be 6 MB in size.