The DNS data backup feature allows you to back up Domain Name System (DNS) records on a regular basis. You can restore DNS records to a specific backup with a few clicks. This minimizes the impact on your business that is caused by the loss of DNS records.
1. The DNS data backup feature is available only in the paid editions of Alibaba Cloud DNS. The following table describes the limits on this feature in different editions.
DNS data backup
Enterprise Standard Edition
Enterprise Ultimate Edition
2. If you downgrade the service edition to Personal Edition or Free Edition, the Manage Backup and Restore Data operations become unavailable in the console. However, you can still view and delete backup records of specified versions and download backups.
3. Only data in the last three days can be stored, regardless of the backup frequency.
1. Log on to the Alibaba Cloud DNS console.
2. On the Domain Name Resolution page, click the More Services tab. Then, click Use Now in the Data Backup section.
3. On the Data Backup page, click Create Backup Plan.
4. Select the domain name whose DNS records you want to back up from the Domain Name drop-down list, specify a backup frequency, and then click OK. For more information about the backup frequency, see the table in the Limits section.
5. In the backup plan list, click Manage Backup in the Actions column of a backup plan to change the backup frequency.
6. In the backup plan list, click Restore Data in the Actions column of a backup plan, select a backup version, and then restore the DNS data to the backup generated at the specified point in time. Alibaba Cloud DNS provides smooth data restoration. The restoration process does not interrupt your business. After the restoration process is complete, click View to view the restoration result.
7. In the backup plan list, click View Backup in the Actions column of a backup plan, select a backup version, and then download the backup generated at the specified point in time.
8. In the backup plan list, click Delete Backup in the Actions column of a backup plan to delete the backup plan. This operation does not delete your DNS data.