This topic describes what you need to prepare before migration.
Tencent Cloud Object Storage (COS)
- Estimate the amount of data to be migrated.
Estimate the size and number of files to be migrated. Log on to the Tencent COS console, and click Buckets in the left-side navigation pane. On the page that appears, find the required bucket, and click to view the size of the bucket, or click File List to view the number of files (objects).Note To ensure a successful migration, you must enter an appropriate size and number of files when creating a migration job.
- Create an API key for the migration job.
Log on to the Tencent Cloud console, and chooseto view or create a key.
Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS)
- Create an OSS bucket
Create a destination OSS bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create a bucket.
- Create and authorize a RAM user
- Log on to the RAM console.
- Choose .
- Select Console Password Logon and Programmatic Access, and then enter the required RAM user information.
- Click OK to save the generated RAM username, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey Secret.
- Find the RAM user, and click Add Permissions to grant the OSS read/write permission (AliyunOSSFullAccess) and Data Transport management permission (AliyunMGWFullAccess) to the RAM user. The following figure shows the authorization page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Overview, click the link in the RAM user logon section, and enter the username and password of the new RAM user to log on to the console.