IoT Platform charges messaging fees. The messaging fee is calculated based on the number of messages and has no minimum charge.
For more information about billing items, see the following table. For billable operations, see the appendix in this documentation.
|Messages sent from devices by calling the Pub operation|
|Requests sent from devices by calling the RPC operation|
|RRPC responses sent from devices to the server|
|Messages received by devices by calling the Sub operation|
|Messages sent and received by devices by calling TSL model related operations|
|Messages sent from the server by calling the Pub and PubBroadcast operations|
|RPC responses sent from the server to devices|
|Messages sent from the server by calling the RRPC operation|
|Messages sent from the server by calling sub-device related operations|
|Messages sent from the server by calling device shadow related operations|
|Messages sent from the server by calling TSL model related operations|
|Messages N (per Month)||Unit price (Dollar/1,000,000 Messages)|
|N ≤ 1,000,000||0|
|1,000,000 < N ≤ 100,000,000||0.5|
|100,000,000 < N ≤ 1,000,000,000||0.4|
|1,000,000,000 < N||0.3|
- Fees are calculated based on the number of messages. For more information about billing items, see the preceding table.
- The first 1 million messages are free of charge for each month. The free quota takes effect at 00:00:00 on the first day of each month. Unused quota cannot be carried over to the next month. The fees are calculated when the number of messages exceeds 1 million for each month.
How to count messages
- If a message is less than or equal to 512 bytes in size, the message is counted as one billable message.
- If a message is more than 512 bytes in size, the message is counted as two or more billable messages.
- To calculate the number of billable messages, divide the message size into bytes by 512, and round the resulting value up to the nearest integer.
- The messaging fee is calculated and charged on a daily basis.
- Fees are rounded up to the nearest cent.
Appendix: Billable operations
|You can call these operations for free. However, you may be charged for receiving messages.||IOT_CMP_Register|
|PubBroadcast||Publish broadcast messages.|
|RRpc||Use RRPC method to send requests to devices.|
|DeleteDevice||When you delete a sub-device, a message of
|DisableThing||When you disable a sub-device, a message of
|EnableThing||When you enable a sub-device, a message of
|NotifyAddThingTopo||When you add a topological relationship, a message of
|UpdateDeviceShadow||Update the shadow information of a device.|
|InvokeThingService||When you invoke a service provided by a device, a message of
|InvokeThingsService||When you invoke multiple services provided by multiple devices, multiple messages of
|SetDeviceProperty||When you set properties for a device, a message of
|SetDevicesProperty||When you set properties for multiple devices, multiple messages of