This topic describes how to view the monitoring data of a Server Load Balancer (SLB) instance.
- Log on to the SLB console.
- Select the region of the target SLB instance.
- Click the monitoring icon next to the target SLB instance.
- Select the monitoring metrics that you want to view.
The following metrics are monitored for SLB instances.
Metric Description Traffic
- Inbound Traffic: the traffic sent from an external network to SLB
- Outbound Traffic: the traffic sent from SLB
- RX Packets Count: the number of request packets received per second
- TX Packets Count: the number of response packets sent per second
- Active Connections Count: the number of established TCP connections. If persistent connections are used, a connection can transfer multiple file requests at one time.
- Inactive Connections Count: the number of TCP connections not in the established state.
You can use the
netstat -ancommand to view the connections for both Windows and Linux servers.
- Max Concurrent Connections Count: the total number of TCP connections.
Average Connection Requests Count The average number of new TCP connections established between clients and SLB in a statistical period Dropped Traffic
- Dropped Inbound Traffic: the amount of inbound traffic dropped per second
- Dropped Outbound Traffic: the amount of outbound traffic dropped per second
- Dropped RX Packets: the number of inbound packets dropped per second
- Dropped TX Packets: the number of outbound packets dropped per second
Dropped Connections Count The number of TCP connections dropped per second The following metrics are specific to Layer-7 listeners. Layer-7 Protocol QPS The number of HTTP/HTTPS requests that can be handled per second Response Time (Listener) The average response time of SLB HTTP Status Code 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/Others (Listener) The average number of HTTP response codes generated by listeners Response Code 4xx/5xx (Server) The average number of HTTP response codes generated by backend servers Response Time (Server) The average response time of backend servers