Application Real-Time Monitoring Service (ARMS) provides the Application Monitoring module to help you troubleshoot your applications based on the collected monitoring data. To monitor an application in real time, you can create a dashboard for the application monitoring job. The dashboard displays the status of your application in real time.
An application monitoring job is created in the ARMS console. For more information, see Create an application monitoring job.
- Log on to the ARMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Dashboards. On the Dashboards page, choose in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog box, enter the dashboard name and click OK. For example, enter App Dashboard. The system creates a blank tab for this dashboard.
- Click the pencil icon on the top of the tab. In the Tab dialog box, enter the application name in the Tab Name field and click Save. For example, enter Tomcat-Demo.
- Add an application topology. In Edit mode, choose APM Topology dialog box, enter the topology name, select a dataset of the application monitoring
job, and then click OK.
Note Drag the lower-right corner of a chart to resize it as needed. Drag the chart to change its position.
in the upper-right corner of the page. In the
- Add an application monitoring chart. In Edit mode, choose New Interactive Chart dialog box, set all the required parameters and click OK. For example, after you select an application site, select Invocation_Statistic from the Type drop-down list, select All from the Dimension drop-down list, and select a.Invocation_count from the Metric drop-down list. in the upper-right corner of the page. In the
Repeat the preceding step to add two more application monitoring charts. One is used to calculate the response time and the other is used to calculate errors. In the New Interactive Chart dialog box, select the same application site, type, and dimension as in the preceding step, but select a.Invocation_RT_ms and a.Invocation_ErrorCount from the Metric drop-down list. The following figure shows the created dashboard.
- Optional:To create dashboards for more applications, click the add icon (+) on the top of the tab, and follow the preceding steps to add more application monitoring charts.
In Edit mode, click View Mode in the upper-right corner and click Full-screen. The dashboard appears in full-screen mode.Note To switch to the dark theme, click Edit Mode and choosein the upper-right corner of the page.