The first step when you start using IoT Platform is to create products. A product is a collection of devices that typically have the same features. For example, a product can refer to a product model and a device is then a specific device of the product model.
- Log on to the IoT Platform console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Create Product., and then click
- Enter all the required information and then click OK.
The parameters are as follows.
Parameter Description Product Name The name of the product that you want to create. The product name must be unique within the account. For example, you can enter the product model as the product name. A product name is 4 to 30 characters in length, and can contain Chinese characters, English letters, digits, and underscores. A Chinese character counts as two characters. Node Type
- Direct devices: Indicates that devices of this product connect to IoT Platform directly.
- Gateway sub-devices: Indicates that devices of this product cannot connect to IoT Platform directly, but connect to gateway devices and use the communication channels of gateway devices to communication with IoT Platform.
- Gateway devices: Indicates that devices of this product connect to IoT Platform directly and can be mounted with sub-devices . A gateway can manage sub-devices, maintain topological relationships with sub-devices, and synchronize topological relationships to IoT Platform.
For more information about gateway devices and sub-devices, see Gateways and sub-devices.
Gateway Connection Protocol Select a protocol for sub-device and gateway communication. This field is only for Gateway sub-devices.
- Custom: Indicates that you want to use another protocol as the connection protocol for sub-device and gateway communication.
- Modbus: Indicates that the communication protocol between sub-devices and gateways is Modbus.
- OPC UA: Indicates that the communication protocol between sub-devices and gateways is OPC UA.
- ZigBee: indicates that the communication protocol between sub-devices and gateways is ZigBee.
- BLE: indicates that the communication protocol between sub-devices and gateways is BLE.
Network Connection Method Select a network connection method for the devices:
- Cellular (2g/3g/4G/5G)
Data Type Select a format in which devices exchange data with IoT Platform. Options are ICA Standard Data Format (Alink JSON) and Custom.
- ICA Standard Data Format (Alink JSON): The standard data format defined by IoT Platform for device and IoT Platform communication.
- Custom: If you want to customize the serial data format, select Custom. Custom formatted data must be converted to Alink JSON script by Data parsingso that your devices can communicate with the IoT Platform.
Authentication Mode Currently, only Device Secret is supported. Product Description Describe the product information. You can enter up to 100 characters.
What to do next
- To configure features for a product (such as Notifications, TSL (Define Feature), and Service Subscription), go to the product list, find the target product and then click its corresponding View button.
- Register devices on IoT Platform.
- Develop your physical devices by referring to Developer Guide (Devices).
- To publish a product, go to the product details page and click Publish.
Note that before you publish a product, you must make sure that you have configured all the correct information for the product, have completed debugging the features, and have verified that it meets the criteria for being published.
When the product status is Published, you can view the product information but cannot modify or delete the product.
To cancel the publishing of a product, click Cancel Publishing.