This topic describes how to restore VMware virtual machines (VMs) from images to an on-premises vCenter Server in the Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) console.
- You can use the on-premises VMware VM restoration service in the following regions: China (Beijing), China (Shanghai), China (Shenzhen), China (Hangzhou), China (Zhangjiakou-Beijing Winter Olympics), China (Hohhot), China (Hong Kong), Singapore (Singapore), Indonesia (Jakarta), Australia (Sydney), US (Silicon Valley), and Germany (Frankfurt). This service will be available in more regions soon.
- After you back up the image of a VMware VM, you can use the HBR console to restore the image to an on-premises vCenter Server in the case of VMware VM failure to ensure business continuity.
- The on-premises VMware VM backup feature of HBR 1.0.13 and later versions allow backup and restore jobs to be managed only in the HBR console. If you have configured on-premises backup plans, re-configure them in the HBR console.
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose VMware VM.. On the On-Premises Backup page, click
- Click the Backups tab.
- On the Backups tab, find the backup plan and click Restore in the Actions column.
- In the Create Restore Job pane, set parameters in the Select VMs, Select Destination, Select Compute Node, Select Storage, and Select Network steps, confirm the configurations in the Confirm Settings step, and then click Create.After the restore job is created, you can view the information of the job on the Restore Jobs tab. The information includes the status of the job and the volume of data that is restored.