This topic describes how to restore the backup image of a VMware virtual machine to local vCenter Server in the Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) console.
- Currently, you can use HBR to restore images of virtual machines in the following regions: China (Beijing), China (Shanghai), China (Shenzhen), China (Hangzhou), China (Zhangjiakou), China (Hohhot), China (Hong Kong), Singapore, Indonesia (Jakarta), Australia (Sydney), US (Silicon Valley), and Germany (Frankfurt). This feature will be available in other regions soon.
- After you back up the image of a VMware virtual machine, you can quickly restore the image to local vCenter Server in the HBR console in the case of VMware virtual machine failure to guarantee service continuity.
- For virtual machine backup clients whose version is 1.0.13 or later, you can manage backup and restore jobs in the HBR console. If backup plans in local vCenter Server are still in use, we recommend that you manually migrate the backup plans to the HBR console.
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose VMware VM.. On the On-Premises Backup page, select
- On the page that appears, click the Backup History tab.
- On the Backup History tab, find the target backup plan and click Restore in the Actions column.
- In the New Restore Task pane that appears, set parameters in the Select VM, Location, Computer, Storage, and Network steps in sequence, check the configurations in the Confirm & Execute step, and then click Create.
After the restore job is created, you can view information about the job on the Restore Jobs tab, such as the status of the job and the size of data restored.